Natures Way Foods operates from three state-of-the-art factories, two of which are located on the Chichester Food Park and the third just outside Selsey.
Selsey is the original Natures Way Factory and where it all began 18 years ago. Built for the sole purpose of processing wholehead Iceberg and transforming the way we purchase and consume salad. It's also the location of our Head Office.
As the bagged salad category evolved, so did the variety of raw material we processed and so Selsey became our specialist babyleaf factory and NWF Runcton was built.
Runcton was built in 1998 and was designed to take over the processing of the more robust salad products, such as shredded Iceberg and Sweet and Crunchy, from Selsey. Runcton is also the home of our innovative brand Lasting Leaf, launched in 2010. To find out more about Lasting Leaf click here.
Today both Selsey and Runcton have the capacity to be fully flexible sites, providing the security and robust contingency of supply to our customers.
Merston is a brand new factory, opened in December 2011. Before Merston was built our prepared fruit operations were located in our Selsey factory and as the business grew, so the demand for more production space increased.
We have also started producing leafy bowls and trays and the factory has been designed so we can manufacture new products that contain protein based foods; such as chicken, fish and cheese, which increases our capacity to produce more complete meals.
The factory has been built on the site of the Second World War airbase, RAF Merston, and covers 7,500m2 of production space.
- Full height windows to allow natural light into the production space
- Silver curved roof, which blends in with the surrounding landscape and reflects heat
- Specialised temperature storage areas allowing for precise handling of a wide variety of produce
- Segregated 'High Risk' area
- Process innovation to improve shelf life
- Roof drainage system, which captures rain water and channels into wildlife ponds
- Office air-conditioning system which uses heat pumps to reclaim heat
- 100 seat canteen, with panoramic views of the South Downs
- Bespoke Development Kitchen